Snug Cove Development – Important Community Meeting
Eden Fishermen’s Club 5.30pm Wednesday 27 April 2016
A two project solution? or A one project solution?
YOUR SECRET BALLOT VOTE WILL COUNT
- Marina PLUS all Cruise Ships of current visiting ship size
- NO commercial Marina, providing for very much larger cruise ships some time in the future
- Meeting will have an independent chairman
- 2 Speakers: POEM and Cruise Eden (invited): 15 minutes each
- 30 minutes of Question Time
- Ballot papers to decide the community’s choice to be handed out on arrival
- Collection and count to be supervised by independent chairman
- No compulsion to vote. No names required.
Find us on Facebook – join the conversation at Port of Eden Marina Inc (POEM)
The issue is the design and location of the attenuator
Based on professional advice, the POEM proposal for a 160m Berthing Pocket and Fixed Panel attenuator provides ample space for Cruise Ships and maximum all-weather protection for Snug Cove, delivering a safe anchorage, practical access and maximum marina capacity.
The Crown Lands proposal using a floating attenuator would not achieve a safe harbour, will significantly reduce marina potential and restrict access.
There is confusion between the Cattle Bay Marina proposal and the Snug Cove – Safe Harbour project. They are two completely separate projects;
The Cattle Bay Project is a Private Development (as is the Boydtown Marina Project), whereas the Snug Cove Project is a Government funded / Community project.